The Hamlet of Gateforth in the parish of Brayton is mentioned in The Domesday Book of 1086. The Chancery of Our Lady was founded in 1332 by John de Lacy.
Our development of five high quality new homes are to be built in this quiet unspoilt village, with its open village centre and historic village green. Most will have a south facing aspect with views over rolling countryside. One property will benefit from a 1 acre paddock(by separate negotiation).
Gateforth is 4 miles from Selby, 15 miles from Leeds and 14 miles from York. It is 5 minutes away from the A63 giving good road links to the A19, M62 and A1.
W A Hare & Son Ltd are winners of national FMB awards for their work. this year we have received national recognition in the Local Authority Building Control Awards.
Come and see for yourself what we do.
WA Hare & Son formally established their business in 1890 based at Kelfield where they still reside to this day. They have successfully grown their business from Wheelwrights and Carpenters to Contract Builders and specialist Joinery Manufactures, honing their skills over the generations through the 19th to the 20th Century.